Electrical engineering design involves preparation, generating, testing and managing the development and installation of electrical equipment. These include but not limited to lighting equipment, power systems, power distribution, fire and life safety systems etc.
There is an increasing demand for electrical design engineers in recent times. Electrical design engineers work in different industries including oil and gas, manufacturing, power and distribution systems.
This course will cover in details, a range of applications in diverse sectors including commercial and domestic design. Participants will gain higher competency and confidence in handling different phases of engineering projects.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand in details the concepts of electrical design in engineering projects
- Identify the role of the electrical system design engineer in the industry and in the development of various projects including EPC projects
- Perform rigorous electrical designs that meet safety requirements, applicable codes, and standards
- Become proficient in the selection and sizing of electrical pieces of equipment used in various electrical design projects.
- Be familiar with the different electrical engineering drawings required in EPC projects and how to prepare them.
Course Content Summary
Some of the course topics are:
- Fundamentals of electrical engineering design
- Essentials of power generation, transmission, distribution and utilization in electrical design.
- Evaluation of plant electrical load in electrical design
- Selection and protection of equipment in electrical systems design
- Classification of loads
- Detailed study of single line diagram
- Cable selection, routing, and sizing
- Design development steps and detailed calculations required in the design of sub-station
- Earthing protection, lightning system, and lightning protection design
NOTE: The forty (40) hours course contains more topics/details than the fifteen (15) hours course.
Please download detailed brochure or register for your desired training session